Click here to learn more about our agency.

2.8.12

5 Questions with International Model Carly


Sophia Models' Carly recently returned from her first modeling trip overseas throughout Asia. We had the chance of asking her a few questions in the hopes of sharing with you more about her and her modeling career.

Photo Credit: Joncas Productions


SM: What is your favorite picture from your portfolio? 

The above picture would be my favourite picture because it was just a spontaneous weekend with my friend who is a student at Emily Carr University in Vancouver and a great photographer. It was so fun to shoot with a good friend and just mess around with different ideas. I was also very happy to get input in the looks we were doing!


SM: What is the biggest misconception about models or the modeling industry?

The biggest misconception I found about models and the modeling industry is that the girls in it don't always fit the stereotype. In Tokyo I met two girls from Canada at a casting. Later that week we ended up sitting in a McDonalds for hours talking about quantum physics and subconcious  brain function. It was probably the last thing I ever expected in meeting fellow models! But they are absolutely great girls that not only get booked for their looks, but also for their personalities. The biggest misconception about the industry that I found was that it's all fun and easy. It's long hours and exhausting! And it's never easy having people tell you over and over again that you don't have the right look, or you aren't tall enough or any other aspect that they don't like. You have to be tough and not take it personally.

SM: What advice would you give to someone who is aspiring to model?

If I had advice for someone who is aspiring to model, it would be to just go for it! You never look back on your life and regret the chances that you did take; you regret the ones that you didn't. Modelling is a great experience! Might as well go for it while you're young. I went for it figuring that nothing would come from it and now I'm seeing parts of the world I never thought I would and meeting a ton of great people.


SM: What is the last song you played on your iPod?

The last song played on my iPod was Come Over by Kenny Chesney. I'm a sucker for country music.


SM: Describe your favorite local hangout.

My favourite local hang out is Loco Lous on 16th Avenue in Calgary. I spent a lot of great nights there when I was attending SAIT for Civil Engineering Technology. Being from the country, I love the small town feel that it has from being a SAIT hangout! There are always familiar faces and great music. It makes me feel a little bit closer to home!


SM: What is your favorite quote or motto?

My favourite quote/moto is "Fate favours the bold."

No comments:

Post a Comment